Contributors

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Excavating Ephesians

I'm studying Ephesians right now and loving it. Studying the Scriptures is like digging for buried treasure. There's some work to be done for sure, but the labor is never in vain. In in the middle of your labor you discover this chest of wealth that existed just beneath your feet all the time. All you had to do was a little digging. My time in prayer and preparation for this study has been like that. What begins as labor-intensive and perplexing (what in the world does Paul mean here???), begins with prayer and meditation to expose itself little by little. And, then it happens. Instead of pulling up one more handful of sand, you begin to excavate from the unknown depths jewels and gems and find cloth and all sorts of unique, priceless relics. And, you discover at once that you are more full, more wealthy, more secure, more loved than you had ever realized. And, you're brought to your knees in humble recognition that Christ Himself is that treasure. That's what I'm excavating in Ephesians.

2 comments:

Nellie Dee said...

I am so disappointed that I've missed your class. I just found out about it a week ago. Hope it isn't too late.

Heath said...

I'd love for you to join us as we continue in Ephesians. We're in Paul's prayer at the end of chapter 3. Hope you can make it!