Contributors

Sunday, May 09, 2010

In Honor of Mom


Most who know me, know that I'm rarely at a loss for words. I find ways to articulate the deepest things inside of me...and it usually comes to me without effort...and flows like a waterfall...or a leaky faucet. Either way, words and I go together fairly well.

But, when it comes to finding the right thing to say about my own mother, I'm speechless. Very few things in my life have made such a profound impact that I'm at a loss for words. But, with mom, the right word never seems to do her justice. And, those of you who know and love my mom, simply know that to be the case.
The only word that comes to me this moment is. . .blessed. I'm blessed to be her son. I'm blessed to have been nurtured and love by such a wonderful person.

Some things transcend words. Most of those things are divine. . .one is entirely human. That one is my Mother. Thanks mom for all that you are to me. I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All of us who know your mom, Heath have been touched in a very special way! She lives out her faith in tangible ways by helping, encouraging, and like you has such wonderful words of love for everyone she meets!

Dee Davis said...

Thanks for your more than generous
words Heath!! Truth be told, I am the one who is at a loss for words trying to explain how I was so blessed to have you!! It is totally the grace of God and his people that have helped me shape my two great kids! On my own, it surely would have been a disaster. I am truly humbled that God has been so good to us. You and your sister are the icing on the cake and I have enjoyed every morsel!